Sunday, June 27, 2004

Evan Update

I mentioned in my "things to think about list" that I've been experiencing some Evan-induced pain recently, so I figured I'd give y'all a little update on his status. He's still there.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Evan is a "fibroadenoma" in my right breast. He's lump #3 for me and was discovered in January/February 2004. He was most likely caused by the quantity of caffeine that I've ingested for politeness' sake since being here (tea is the drink of choice and it's impolite to say no when offered it, although I avoid it whenever I can).

I call him Evan Hoai because it means "HE is good, always." I name my lumps because it's a lot less blush-inducing for me to talk about Evan or Bart or Thaddeus than it is for me to talk about my breast lumps.

My recent pain was mostly due to moving from my old house into Jen's house (lots of motion), coupled with some other things and has subsided somewhat as the week has progressed. My fear is that, since it's been irritated into painfulness, it will never go back to there only being occasional twinges of pain. Once I get going with an action, the pain usually isn't too bad, but often, overcoming the initial pain is enough to prevent me from doing things.

So my two requests Evan-wise are that the pain will continue to subside, but also that I will push through it and not allow it to prevent me from doing things.

No comments: