Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Elvish and Hobbit(ish) Names

So, in browsing other peoples' blogs today (yay, for comments!!! boo for work that I _ought_ to be doing instead of reading comments and checking out the commenters' sites!), I came across this and this.

My Elvish name is: Ireth (Sáralondë) Mithrandír. And I'm married to: Círdan Mithrandír. Our son is named: Valandil (Huor) Mithrandír.

My Hobbit(ish) name is: Primula (Burrows) Boffin of Whitfurrows. And I'm married to: Hob Boffin of Whitfurrows. Our son is named: Mungo (Popo) Boffin of Whitfurrows.

The names in parentheses are my maiden names and AJ, as opposed to his actual first name. Eat your heart out, Elianna. Or should I say, Silmarwen Sáralondë? Or Anaranë for short.

Oops....Mungo's crying (I don't think someone named Valandil would cry).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random name generators always annoy me. Actually, your name (close as I can get) is Lissa Serme (Hwinidir) Eruraina, your VNB's is Aranya Atanvarno Eruraina and AJ's is Veon Atanvarno Eruraina. But can I still call AJ Mungo?

And it's really hard to eat one's heart out, since one's teeth don't reach that far.