So here's one of the on-going projects that I'm currently involved with. Our MOPS group collects items, puts them in gift bags, and delivers them to our local hospital to be given to ladies who give birth there. The things we put in the bags are the following:
- HomeLife or MomSense magazine
- handmade knitted baby hat or "no-sew" fleece blanket/snuggly
- Coupon for a free meal at our local Chick-fil-a
- Card with information about MOPS and our meetings
- Whatever else we have on hand to give them (samples of baby things, coupons for baby things, anything else that comes to mind)
We're trying to do this for as little money as possible, so one of our biggest needs right now is gift bags. We need medium-sized ones - big enough to fit a magazine, but not the ginormous ones like you'd put a diaper pail in or something. Typically we use "baby" looking ones, but anything generic would be fine.
We're also running a little low right now on the handmade items. We've got a stock of fleece from which to make some blankets and one of our mentors makes the caps in her spare time, but after that we'll need more fleece and/or more caps (or something else handmade). Just nothing too big.
If you're interested in helping out, just let me know!