Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seeing the Miraculous

So today, our MOPS group packed our buckets. Each discussion group filled their own as I read aloud a prayer I'd written, calling out each food item as it was to be packed. In one of the sections of the prayer, I asked that the food in the buckets would be multiplied (thinking that, like the widow, it would last the Haitian family until they could provide for themselves).

I'd brought a fifth bucket with me. One that was only about half-filled that VNB's office had put together (they had completed one bucket, but hadn't quite made it with the second). I brought it (and the other "extra" stuff that we had) in order to fill in gaps where we could (worked well because one mom brought ziti instead of spaghetti) and just in case someone brought more than was needed for their bucket.

In a couple of cases, someone mentioned that they had brought something, so I directed them toward the table with extra stuff....but for the most part, every time I glanced over at the table, there was another of something. Usually it was the sugar. I'd lost track of one canister amidst our various buckets (family, small group, Sunday School class, MOPS, Ferguson, etc.) which magically re-appeared today. But as the morning progressed, there was another canister of sugar. I knew it wasn't one of mine because it was a different brand. Then, when time came to pack up, there wasn't just one of that brand, there were two!

And then when I'd collected everything and brought it out to the car, someone found more rice.

The food was literally multiplying.

I know I asked for that to happen...but wow...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Isn't it fun to watch God work?! :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Always love to hear another story of God's blessings! Thanks for sharing and many blessings to you!

Rachel Anne said...

Very cool idea...and how neat to see God multiplying your efforts!

LydiaCate said...

Wow, God is so good! His wonders amaze me every time.
Thanks for sharing!
LydiaCate

One More Equals Four said...

He truly gives more than we can ask or imagine!!! What a blessing!