Friday, July 13, 2007

Busy

I haven't posted in a while (again, some more), and this time I've got a valid excuse which is going to continue for at least the next two weeks, so I figured I'd post a "quickie" update.

First off, work is crazy for me right now with our first major deadline for this project coming up in the next two weeks. AJ and I will actually be going in to the office semi-regularly (AJ at our division director's explicit invitation which was questioned multiple times by me). He's the team mascot, I think. We'll see how quickly that invitation gets rescinded the first time he screams while the company president has visitors in his office (our "War Room" is apparently right across the hall).

And on the little man that life revolves around: As of this past Sunday morning, he's been outside of the womb for 6 months! Hard to believe! We went to his 6-mo check-up on Tuesday. He's dropped a little more in weight percentile (14 lbs 1 oz, down to 5th percentile - that was easily blamed on last week's plague), but he gained a little in height (up to 30th percentile). By far his biggest gain, however was in his head size. He'd been around the 50th percentile the last time. This time he was in the 70th percentile! That's right. My baby has a big brain! :) When I was expounding on all the various ways in which AJ is the most advanced 6-mo-old in the world, the pediatrician kept saying "well that's very ambitious." I think she was just making me feel better. Although I'm sure she knew that he _is_ the most advanced 6-mo-old in the world.

We all seem to be over the plague (although AJ apparently passed it on to some friends of ours on Saturday...oops!). AJ's appetite hasn't quite returned to normal though. Or let me be more precise - his appetite for solid food hasn't quite returned. Before the plague, he was eating about six containers a day of baby food in three different sittings. Now, if we really work at it all day, we might make it most of the way through two. He's still _eating_ plenty, it's just not from a spoon as much anymore. A little regression due to teething/the plague.

No teeth yet, but we have had a small amount of forward motion. He hasn't quite really figured it all out, but he's discovered that we cheer when he "comes to Mama" in his walker, so he _REALLY_ wants to be able to do the same on his belly. Plus, just "over there" is something he's sure he's not supposed to have, so if he can just get over there, he can chew on it (this morning it was the remote control, Wednesday it was the cables on the floor in one of the conference rooms at work). Every so often, he gets his butt up in the air and manages to wiggle a little closer. Definitely hasn't mastered it yet though.

OK...gotta get back to work. I'm glad to hear from all you folks who have emailed lately saying that you're still reading! With this counter thing (which could easily become an obsession of mine - it's very addictive), I've been amazed at how many different places people read this from. And I've only had two different (non-directed) web searches which resulted in people clicking in - one for a "urine catheter" (heh...it's amazing what you talk about during a birth story), and one for a "12 week sonogram does the baby move around "a lot."" Heh.

Ok...but enough stalling...back to work for me.

No comments: