Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Skin

So what's up with the commercials nowadays? I mean, it's one thing to show skin during prime time on a show that's known for its "adult situations" that you choose to watch and which has been rated by the FCC or someone and probably carried a warning prior to watching...but you can hardly watch a span of commercials (regardless of the channel or time period) anymore without seeing some woman in various stages of undress.

I'm really not fond of that. But I'm not sure that there's anything to be done about it. Granted, I have the choice to turn off the television completely or change the channel during the commercials....but at the same time, I guess I just think that commercials should be "rated" equivalently to the shows they're shown with.

Wah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you recall, when the Simpsons came out it was a big scandal that a show that racey was on so early (8pm on Sunday I believe). Now you can catch the Simpsons at 5:00 and 5:30 and maybe even again at 6:00 and 6:30.

The times they are a changin...

Or, for you Stephen King fans, the world has moved on...

...or...perhaps there's nothing wrong with any of it. *shrugs*

-G