Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wild America

So, spurred on by my FIL, I tried again to capture AJ crawling on video. As with any good nature photographer/videographer, patience finally won out and after a few more attempts, I succeeded. Then I tried downloading said video (and some others) onto the computer. Something happened during the downloading process to where it didn't actually work.

Long story, short. The video _is_ on the memory card (I can see it from the camera), but now, when the computer recognizes the camera at all, it says that there are no pictures there to be downloaded.

I've rebooted the computer, I plugged, unplugged, and replugged the camera into all available ports. I've tried just looking at the camera as another hard drive. My next step (when I get around to it) will be to uninstall and reinstall the camera software. If that doesn't work, then I may see what I can do with the memory card slot on our printer (another place to see it as another hard drive, possibly). I'll also try plugging the camera into my mostly-dead laptop to see if it's the computer or the camera.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As I don't think a new digital camera (especially of the quality that I would want to buy) is in the budget right now, please hope that we get this figured out.

No comments: