Saturday, September 25, 2004

Creative Alternative

Well, while the company will allow us back in, not enough people are feeling called to go, so none of us are going to go.

I just don't know how to deal with this, so I'm going to be asking Him to help me find a "creative alternative" like Daniel and his friends found in Babylon. And I'm asking you to ask Him for this with me.

I'm sure I can fill my time here, but if I'm supposed to be there, I need to find a way for the Company to allow me to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion...

You might also consider praying for clarity of vision. I know that I am often frustrated that I keep getting diverted from the path that I am certain God has set before me. Yet when I look back on it I realize that God was attempting to divert me from the path I have chosen for myself. The road bumps that were so frustrating were typically God trying to nudge me back on track, not off. But, like someone else I know, I have a habit of getting locked-in to my vision (fantasy) to the point where I'm not hearing God correctly.

I'm not saying that this is what's happening to you. But you're extremely frustrated and I think it's worth asking the question and being open to the response. Maybe what God needs/wants you to be in Iraq for isn't what you thought (or want) it to be. Perhaps you've focused on solving for X for so long you don't realize that you should be solving for Y.


-EGR