Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Evan Update

I've been having a great time here, taking taxis by myself. Running by myself. Walking around the mall by myself. Are you catching the pattern there. In Baghdad, we're almost always with someone else. When we're out on the town, we've at the very least got a driver with us. We're not supposed to walk around our neighborhood by ourselves and have our guards walk with us around everywhere. It's so nice to be able to be completely independent again for a change! I miss that.

Anyway, since I was going to be spending some time in Amman this time, and since the doc told me when she checked Evan in March to get him checked again in 6 months to a year, and since I'm not expecting to be here again except to pass through in January and when I leave in March, I figured I'd go ahead and get Evan checked out again.

So my appointment is at 1PM this afternoon. He's not been giving me too much trouble as long as I don't carry anything on that shoulder or swing that arm too much (except for sometimes when the hormones get away from me), so I'm not too worried, but it's always unsettling to have lumps in places where lumps should not be. And while I can for the most part ignore and forget, trips to doctors for the sole purpose of checking out said lumps make it impossible to ignore and forget...which help to raise worries about things beginging with a "c."

Anyway, most of you are already asleep and will remain so until after I'm done, but that's ok. I'll let you know the results when I get back.

No comments: