Friday, September 17, 2004


No, no such luck for me yet, but you'll understand the reason for the title eventually, so hang in there.

Last night, we were called in for a meeting. They've announced that because Italians are being taken to try to intimidate the Italian government to remove its troops from Iraq, and because Americans working for a contractor working in Iraq were taken to try to intimidate the company to pull out, that it's not safe for us to return for the time being. They will re-evaluate the situation on the 26th, but until then, we're stuck here. Don't worry, I had my say during the meeting. They had their say in return, but the bottom line is that I made a committment, and just like I'm never going to divorce my husband (assuming I'm given one someday), I'm not going to break this committment either.

But that may make me re-evaluate my trip to Egypt. I may see the pyramids after-all, just for something to do. I'll decide after I get to Acaba. Since Henry's feeling poorly, I'm leaving him behind (the last thing that I need right now is a _stolen_ $3000 paperweight), so contact may be sporadic over the next few days, but I'll drop y'all a line as soon and as often as I can.

But seriously, one of the things that I've learned from this whole experience is that I am capable of sticking out a committment, no matter how hard it gets. And that gives me hope for a future marriage. Now I just have to find a guy who's willing to put up with _me_. :)

Well, in sha'allah.

No comments: