Friday, September 17, 2004

Marriage

No, no such luck for me yet, but you'll understand the reason for the title eventually, so hang in there.

Last night, we were called in for a meeting. They've announced that because Italians are being taken to try to intimidate the Italian government to remove its troops from Iraq, and because Americans working for a contractor working in Iraq were taken to try to intimidate the company to pull out, that it's not safe for us to return for the time being. They will re-evaluate the situation on the 26th, but until then, we're stuck here. Don't worry, I had my say during the meeting. They had their say in return, but the bottom line is that I made a committment, and just like I'm never going to divorce my husband (assuming I'm given one someday), I'm not going to break this committment either.

But that may make me re-evaluate my trip to Egypt. I may see the pyramids after-all, just for something to do. I'll decide after I get to Acaba. Since Henry's feeling poorly, I'm leaving him behind (the last thing that I need right now is a _stolen_ $3000 paperweight), so contact may be sporadic over the next few days, but I'll drop y'all a line as soon and as often as I can.

But seriously, one of the things that I've learned from this whole experience is that I am capable of sticking out a committment, no matter how hard it gets. And that gives me hope for a future marriage. Now I just have to find a guy who's willing to put up with _me_. :)

Well, in sha'allah.

No comments: