Monday, October 11, 2004

New Men in My Life

I just wanted to tell y'all about the new men in my life. The primary one is named Simon. He's a kitten who hangs out by our apartments. There are a lot of stray cats around, but he's not at all afraid of people and is realy loving. He reminds me a lot of my cat back home named Monkey. Her mom disappeared about two weeks after she and her littermates were born, so I bottle-fed them and raised them by hand. The result was a bunch of very people-oriented cats, Monkey especially. Well, Simon doesn't really look like Monkey at all (she's grey all over with a white belly while he's white with black splotches), but they're both medium-haired and really soft.

And then today, a new boy showed up in town. I've named him Bruno. He's probably one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen, but the neighborhood cats have obviously told him that we're suckers for stray animals, so he follows me around now. He's definitely got some terrier in him because of his small stature, but his face and teeth are like a bull dog's, just with white, fluffy hair. The others, while they like the cats, aren't too thrilled about the dog, but Bruno and I seem to have a connection. We'll see how long he hangs out in my life.

No comments: