Sunday, October 24, 2004

Scratch That (well, kinda)

Ok...so I just was informed that we _won't_ be going into Baghdad tomorrow. The earliest we would go is Wednesday....except that we may not be allowed to go at all. Apparently it's in "Uncle Jerry's" hands right now and rumor has it that he's against the idea.

Which means that right now I'm having to consider the possibility that I may not be allowed to say goodbye at all.

So the immediate "thought for the day" is that...well...God's will be done.

It's probably quite obvious what _I_ want. _I_ want to be allowed to go back and stay........

Anyway, I'll keep y'all up-to-date on developments as they happen.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, Sweetie,

I am so sad for you. I know how mucn you wanted this. The "no goodbyes" is really hard. I'm praying for at least a trip back to pack. I'm also going to pray for the extra miracle of extra time there to make your fair wells.

I'd be lying if I said that I won't be glad to see you sooner. But at the same time I'm so sad for you. I've got to believe that this is somehow best for you and HIM. Even God's best can be painful. Childbirth is painful but the results are such a blessing. You have been through great travail; the blessing on the other end must be great.

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted" is a promise. He said we would mourn. Indulge yourself and grieve. Feel HIS comfort. Also know that all of us are lifting you up to your Loving Father's arms. Picture yourself as HIS small child, in HIS lap getting hug therapy. Remember being rocked and stroked; your tears dried. If I as a parent did that for you; HE can handle your sobs and give better comfort.

Do keep us posted as to developments.

I love you, Sweetie,
Mom