Friday, October 15, 2004

Vote Early, Vote Often

So I went to a lot of trouble a few months ago to get an absentee ballot sent to me in Baghdad. It maybe wasn't going to arrive before the people who were letting me share their APO left. But it's there now, waiting for me. I just hope _I_ get there in time to get it and mail it back in. Granted, absentee ballots are only counted in close races, and I don't expect it to get terribly close in Tennessee (where I'm currently registered to vote), but it's the principle of the thing. I actually put in a lot of effort to make sure I was properly registered and got an absentee ballot sent all the way across the globe...and now I might not get to use it.

So I'd like to ask one of you who weren't planning on voting to vote in my place. You can probably guess who I'd vote for. Obviously, I'm mostly worried about the presidential election, so it doesn't matter if you're in Maryland or elsewhere. Don't worry if you think someone else might do this for me - go ahead and you vote too, just in case they don't.

Heehee...my own version of "get out the vote." :)

No comments: